After several successful trial runs, the new maintenance supply vessel “Kroonborg” was delivered to Royal Wagenborg at the beginning of February. She was christened in Delfzijl on 9 February 2015.
The vessel will execute maintenance on gas platforms in the southern half of the North Sea. The Kroonborg has been designed and constructed to offer a stable platform for the transfer of personnel and material even in severe weather conditions.
Eekels designed, supplied and installed the complete electrical installation, including the dieselelectrical propulsion. For the Kroonborg (NS-848), Eekels was responsible for delivery and installation of the following:
- Complete Electrical installation.
- Main-, Auxiliairy, Emergency-/Harbourswitchboards.
- MCC’s and distribution boards.
- Bridge Navigation, DP consoles, Ceiling consoles, GMDSS Radio console
- Switchboardroom console
- Integrated Automation System (IAS) consisting of:
- Engine room alarm and monitoring system.
- Pump and Valve Control System
- Remote indication Tank Gauging System
- Power Management System
- Remote Access for efficient service purposes
- Boardnet-, Main-, Emergency lighting-, Reefer- and isolation transformers.
- Phase Shift Transformers for the Voith Inline Thrusters
- Frequency drives including propulsion motors for the Voith Schneider Propulsions
- Signal columns and emergency Telegraph.
- Computer LAN-, Infotainment network.
- Remote controlled Xenon, and manual controlled halogen Searchlights.
- Adressable Fire alarm installation.
- LED lighting installation accommodation.
- Fluorescent Technical lighting installation.
- Navigation lighting installation.
- Public Adress System.
- Telephone System.
- Talk Back System.
- Sound Reception System.
- Window Wipers.
Click below for a time lapse video of the new build.